Blog for hpHosts, and whatever else I feel like writing about ....

Sunday 12 October 2008

Network instability issues

This is a quick note to apologise for the recent outages on the hosts-file.net, mysteryfcm.co.uk and fspamlist.com servers. Unfortunately, the traffic to this network has more than trebled over the past few months, and the attacks I previously mentioned, are still ongoing (yipee!).

I'm hoping to implement additional filters by Tuesday/Wednesday to try and alleviate the issue and thus, cut down on the outages (so far, thankfully, the outages are only usually between 5-10 mins or so whilst the hardware is rebooted, but if the attacks continue and the traffic keeps rising, this is likely to get worse unless I find a viable method of preventing such).

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.

No comments: