Blog for hpHosts, and whatever else I feel like writing about ....

Friday 6 August 2010

PegasHosting: They love me, they really love me!

Checking up on the A records for Pegas, I noticed something that seemed odd. The NS records for ns1.pegas-dns.org were pointing to ns1.hosts-file.net and ns2.hosts-file.net - but this obviously isn't right (for starters, there are no ns1 and ns2 on the hosts-file.net DNS, and secondly, I own hosts-file.net).

Thinking it could've just been a quirk or some such, with the site I was using to do the check, I decided to verify it using Robtex and low and behold - the same results;



Seems the A records for pegas-dns.org and ns2.pegas-dns.org are the same as ns1. I'm still curious as to why (they've got a sense of humour perhaps?) ..... answers on a postcard!

References

PegasHosting: Where are they now?
http://hphosts.blogspot.com/2010/07/pegashosting-where-are-they-now.html

PegasHosting range null-routed
http://hphosts.blogspot.com/2010/07/pegashosting-range-null-routed.html

No comments: