Blog for hpHosts, and whatever else I feel like writing about ....

Friday 1 October 2010

GfK NOP (gfknop.com)

I've just had a call from a company calling themselves GFK NOP (gfknop.com), telling me they were conducting a survey on how satisfied people are with their banks or some rubbish like that. The call came from 0207890905.

Now here's the problem - I'm ex-directory and TPS - which means they shouldn't have my number. When quizzed as to where they got it, I was told they obtained it using "standard marketing" using a method known as "automated random number dialing" (heard of war-driving?). When asked if they took notice of ex-directory/TPS before placing the call I was told no, they don't.

Little hint GfK NOP - people like me are ex-directory/TPS for a reason - we don't want calls from marketing/sales drones.

I've just sent them a complaint via their websites contact form (doubt they'll take notice of it, but it's worth a try). Feel free to do the same if you get one of these calls.

No comments: