Blog for hpHosts, and whatever else I feel like writing about ....

Thursday 18 December 2008

419'ers: Now this is just lazy!

I've seen more than my share of 419 scams over the years, some slightly convincing, most not convincing, and some looking more like a joke - but this is just lazyness. The entire e-mail content is simply;

You are a winner of £516,778:00 of the U.K Gaming Board. Contact, Mr.
clarkedavis email webdraws_150@hotmail.com pin code UKL/001/11234 and your reference number Ref:UK/9420X2/68,personal details


.. and received a little earlier;

GREETINGS
I am ROBERT WILLIAM. , an attorney at law. A deceased client of mine, that shares the same last name as yours, who here in after shall be referred to as my client, died as the result of a heart-related condition on March 12th 2005. His heart condition was due to the death of all the members of his family in the tsunami disaster on the 26th December 2004 in Sumatra Indonesia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Indian_Ocean_earthquake i want you to recieve money on my behalf I can be reached on (robertwiliams555@hotmail.com ) for details.


Now contrast this to one more I got yesterday, which itself, didn't actually contain much actual content, but did come with a (strangely non infected) .doc file (ATTACHED IS YOUR LOTTERY WINNING INFORMATIONS.doc), which showed a little more professionalism (albeit not much more);


The original .doc if anyone wants a copy, is available at (usual password):

http://hosts-file.net/misc/419_advanced_fee_fraud/ATTACHED_IS_YOUR_LOTTERY_WINNING_INFORMATIONS.zip

No comments: