Blog for hpHosts, and whatever else I feel like writing about ....

Tuesday 10 November 2009

Firefox Now Top Browser - for ’vulnerabilities’

I know I shouldn't be laughing, but after all the fanboys going wild with digs at IE etc users, about how "oh so more secure" Firefox is, I just can't help myself. I said this would happen, as did many others, and the fanboys were unable and are still unable, to provide a reasonable defense as to why we were wrong, instead preferring to go into childish playground arguments (ever found a fanboy that *could* debate reasonably? I haven't).

According to security vendor Cenzic, Firefox has now overtaken Internet Explorer as the favoured browser for malicious attacks...

Apparently Firefox’s plugins are a major route by which gremlins gain access to the browser. This is a bit of a blow to all those happy Firefox users who have, for so long, been jeering at the ’insecurity’ of Microsoft’s browser. Such as the fruits of success, I guess....


Read more
http://www.internetnews.com/software/article.php/3847461

Special thanks to my friend Huw Collingbourne over at Bitwise Magazine for the heads up.

No comments: