Blog for hpHosts, and whatever else I feel like writing about ....

Monday 22 June 2009

Spambot Search Tool: One or two notables

This is just a follow up concerning the latest release of the SBST. Unfortunately I completely forgot to mention a couple of things concerning the latest release. Firstly, if a match is found in one of the databases when using check_spammers_plain.php, it will NOT check the rest of the databases as I didn't see there was really much point (it also speeds up the script).

Secondly, and thanks to Derek for reminding me, although I mentioned $CheckFSL and $CheckSFS being changed, I forgot to mention that you will need to update these variables in your config.php if you're already using the SBST. If you do not change these to $bCheckSFS and $bCheckFSL respectively, the SBST will NOT check either fSpamlist or StopForumSpam.

No comments: