You may have noticed my mentioning planned maintenance the other day. Sadly I never got round to doing this (didn't have the time or finances to purchase new hardware). I have however, gotten my old Linux machine ready for use an extra server, and plan to move the more resource intensive sites over to it as soon as I get time to do so (the machine is only a 1-1.4Ghz, but has 1GB RAM, which is twice as much as the hpHosts server, and 2-3 times more than the other servers).
I've also gotten a Netgear RangeMax (DG834PN) router to replace the now very old DG834Gv2. I got it all setup and online, and there were no external issues, however, it didn't seem to like letting the machines on the network see each other, so until I get time to find out why (the current router doesn't have that problem, nor did it require any configuration to allow such), it's sitting in it's box waiting for me.
I'd also like to note, I've been completely swamped over the past few weeks, so if you've sent me an e-mail and have not yet received a response, please do let me know (either via the hpHosts forums, or the TeMerc forums, or of course, simply re-send your e-mail).
I've also been monitoring the domains I mentioned with regard to the Alliance & Leicester botnet, and these are still alive. However, I seem to have forgotten to list the IP's they were resolving to when I posted the blog. I ran through them and filtered the duplicates, and out of the > 3000 IP's, there were only 49 unique IP's, these are;
I'll post the latest validation results once they're finished.
The validation is now finished: