Blog for hpHosts, and whatever else I feel like writing about ....

Friday 3 July 2009

Malware Domain List down due to dDos attack

I'm saddened to report, several hours ago, MDL was taken down by it's hosting company, due to a dDos attack that is apparently still ongoing as I write this. We do not yet have an ETA for when it will be back, but we're working on this and I'll update you when we know more.

There are over 600 IP's involved in the dDos attack against MDL, and from what I've seen, most are Ukranian and Russian based.

On a related note, ZeusTracker, which tracks and provides information, on the ZeuS botnet, is also down due to an ongoing dDos attack. I do not have any further information on this one, but would hazard a guess that it's likely the same botnet that is attacking Malware Domain List.

1 comment:

bX-59cppw said...

...sooner or later,this was gonna happen... :-/
If any help is needed...