Blog for hpHosts, and whatever else I feel like writing about ....

Sunday 13 December 2009

hpHosts website performance

The hpHosts server seems to be running alot slower than usual lately, and annoyingly, has been getting progressively worse over the past few weeks. I suspect it's due to a traffic overload, but am going to check the hardware in it as soon as I get back (I'm expecting to be back within approx 13 hours or so).

The server has just been rebooted, but it's only gained a minor increase, and as such, will likely time out due to the amount of traffic (other servers on the network appear to be unaffected). I've no idea at this point, if the traffic is legit, or malicious (i.e. whether it's simply over-popular, or being attacked), but will know more when I get back.

In the meantime, please accept my apologies if you experience problems accessing the hpHosts website.

No comments: