Blog for hpHosts, and whatever else I feel like writing about ....

Thursday 9 April 2009

Black Hat SEO and Rogue Antivirus p.7

The Finjan's Malicious Code Research Center has made a nice report about the business with rogue antivirus software (redirecting visitors from legitimate Web sites). Zdnet Article

The article can be found in the latest Cybercrime Intelligence Report

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just want to show you some script added on legit websites and the log we've found on the criminal web server.

Note that for each site on this blog like goscanfuse.com, scan6lite.com, scan7new.com, every domain is listed in the Google API "Safe Browsing" and each of them reveal a lot of information. eg. the number on domain used (compromised) and other in conjunctions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We start by a Google Safe Browsing Diagnostic for: scanline6.com


Read more
http://malware-web-threats.blogspot.com/2009/04/black-hat-seo-and-rogue-antivirus-p7.html

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I personally had no problem with trialpay and have used it several times. Generally, I try to find software I want along with software I have to buy. I buy one and get one free in essence. I didn't feel mislead in this personally. As someone said, "it did what it said on the tin". The three times I did it, I ended up with 6 sets of paid software with half free. So no complaints here.